Professional Services for Programming, Planning and Construction
West Licking Joint Fire District Board of Trustees, of Licking County, Ohio is soliciting Statements of Qualifications from qualified firms interested in providing professional Architectural/Engineering/Construction services to the West Licking Joint Fire District for construction/remodel of Fire Station 403 located at 7125 Mink Street, Pataskala, Ohio, using a design-build project delivery method (the “Project”). The purpose of the RFQ process is to identify the most qualified respondents. West Licking Joint Fire District reserves the right to make its selection solely on qualifications submitted and is not required to conduct a formal interview process. Firms with relevant design/construction experience, and qualifications are encouraged to submit their statement of qualification in writing. Such statements must be submitted not later than Thursday, January 21, 2021, close of business 5:00 p.m. Statements received after this date and time will not be considered. The selected Architectural/Engineering/Construction firm selected for this project will provide all services necessary for completion of the project.
The RFQ is available on our website at www.westlickingfire.org or by contacting West Licking Joint Fire District, Administrator, Laurie Mayle (740) 927-8600. Please continue below for the complete description of the RFQ requirements.
West Licking Joint Fire District Board of Trustees is seeking statements of qualifications from professional design-build-construction firms interested in providing professional programming, planning and construction services to assist West Licking Joint Fire District in remodeling Fire Station 403, located at 7125 Mink Street, Pataskala, Ohio to include an enlarged apparatus bay to house Tower 403, with a room for turn out gear, a shift commander’s office with shower/restroom facilities, and a shift officer’s office with shower/restroom facilities on the first floor, removing a bathroom and replacing it with a laundry area on the second floor along with 2 additional bunk rooms and a training/conference area also on the second floor. A fire pole from the second floor to the first floor where design permits. Assessments of heating, cooling and electrical upgrades must also be included. Additionally, the programming and planning study will provide an environmental assessment, geo-technical assessments, and evaluate options to maximize location for future growth.
The selected Architectural/Engineering firm will discuss and clarify with West Licking Joint Fire District the cost breakdown of the project, as well as provide assistance with other service categories, such as: assistance with site work and infrastructure requirements, as needed; construction document preparation including prevailing wage, etc.
The total project budget is estimated not to exceed $500,000
TIME OF PERFORMANCE
Services of the selected Architectural/Engineering firm will begin immediately upon contract approval by the West Licking Joint Fire District Board of Trustees. The completion date of the project will be determined after discussions and negotiations with the selected Architectural/Engineering firm.
INFORMATION SOUGHT FROM APPLICANT
The purpose of this RFQ process, as previously stated, is to identify a qualified Architectural/Engineering firm that is the most capable of providing the described services. The REQ submittal should be organized to clearly address the following criteria, which, among others, will be used in the evaluation of qualifications:
- Experience with Emergency Services Building Design with particular expertise in building design for fire service.
- General knowledge of current recommendations for firefighter safe living environments to protect firefighters from exposure to diesel exhaust and off gassing of carcinogen from PPE along with other safety concerns.
- Prior experience with public sector clients and processes for projects of similar scale and complexity to include building codes.
- Current knowledge of State, Local and Federal Prevailing Wage and the public sector labor laws that may impact the overall costs and feasibility of the project.
- Professional qualifications of individuals assigned to the project.
- History of effective schedule and budget management for projects of similar scale and complexity.
- Use of processes that creatively engage appropriate stakeholders in all stages of design.
The West Licking Joint Fire District will review all Architectural Service qualifications submitted by the deadline.
- RFQ – Solicitation date: Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Deadline for submission date: Thursday, January 21, 2021, by close of business 5:00 p.m.
- Selection Criteria – the responses to this RFQ will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Firm location, workload and size (Maximum 10 points)
- Firm qualifications (Maximum 30 points)
- Key Consultant qualifications (Maximum 20 points)
- Overall team qualifications (Maximum 10 points)
- Overall team experience in Fire Department Design (Maximum 30 points)
- Interviews/Selection – After review and scoring, interviews may be conducted with the Architectural/Engineering/Construction firm determined to be the most qualified, and additional information may be required at that time. Negotiations will begin with the Architectural/Engineering/Construction firm determined to be the most qualified for the project. If, for any reason, the highest-ranked firm and the District are unable to conclude these final negotiations the District may suspend negotiations with the highest-ranked firm and initiate negotiations with the next highest-ranked firm, and so on until the Term Agreement is awarded or the procurement is terminated. The District reserves the right to terminate negotiations at any time and implement a different approach to this project.
- Disqualifications – Firms may be disqualified and their responses not considered for any of the following reasons:
- Reason for believing collusion exists among the firms.
- The Architect’s involvement with any litigation against West Licking Joint Fire District.
- The Architect’s default on any current or previous contract.
- Lack of competency as revealed by a financial statement, experience, questionnaires, etc.
- Uncompleted work which, in the judgement of West Licking Joint Fire District, will prevent or hinder the prompt completion of this project.
- Delinquent property taxes owned by the Architect.
- Qualifications will be received at the address below no later than close of business 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 21, 2021 by mail, email or fax to:
West Licking Joint Fire District
Laurie Mayle, Administrator
851 E Broad Street
Pataskala, Ohio 43062
- The Qualifications should contain a statement that to the best of the Architectural/Engineering firm abilities, all information contained in the RFQ submittal is complete and accurate.
- The Qualifications should contain a statement granting West Licking Joint Fire District authorization to contact any previous client of the Architect for purposes of ascertaining an independent evaluation of the Architect or team members’ performance.
- The Qualifications should address the following:
- Architectural/Engineering firm’s history including years in business, services offered and location(s).
- Technical expertise of Architectural/Engineering firm’s current staff. A project manager should be clearly identified. Identify the key members of your team who would be involved in the project and describe their area of expertise, and indicate their availability for the project schedule.
- Experience of relevant projects previously completed or projects underway, and references for such.
- Overall description of methods by which the Architectural/Engineering firm intends to approach the project, deliver methods, along with a timetable for completing each element.
- Availability of staff to meet the time requirements.
Request for Qualifications (RFQ) Issue Date: Thursday, January 7, 2021
Qualifications Due By 5:00 PM: Thursday, January 21, 2021
Firm Interviews (If needed): Thursday, January 28, 2021
Firms Ranked/Negotiations Thursday, February 4, 2021
Contract Award (Monthly Board Meeting) Thursday, February 11, 2021
GENERAL TERMS/RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
- Right to Reject Qualifications:
West Licking Joint Fire District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to make awards or any rejections in what it considers to be the best interest of the West Licking Joint Fire District, to make selections based solely on qualifications and past experiences without an interview process, and to waive any immaterial irregularities or minor informalities in the proposal.
- Public Records:
West Licking Joint Fire District shall consider each proposal subject to the Ohio Public Records Law unless there is a legal exception to public disclosure.
- Right to Request Additional Information:
West Licking Joint Fire District reserves the right to request additional information or clarification from the proposers during the evaluation process, or to allow corrections of errors or omissions that do not substantially impact the other firms.
West Licking Joint Fire District does not reimburse respondents for the costs of proposal or proposal preparation or delivery.
By responding to this RFQ, firms acknowledge and consent to the following conditions relative to the procurement process and the selection of a Proposer. Without limitation and in addition to other rights reserved by the District in this RFQ, the District reserves and holds, at its sole discretion, the following rights and options:
- To supplement, amend, or otherwise modify the RFQ via Addenda prior to the date of submission of the statements of qualifications. Addenda issued to this RFQ may expand, change, or cancel any portion or all of the Work described in this RFQ.
- To receive questions concerning this RFQ from firms and to provide such questions with responses, to the firms.
- To clarify the information provided as part of a statement of qualifications, including but not limited to holding discussions or meetings with firms, requesting additional information from firms to support the information included in the firms, and requesting clarified performance and price proposals.
- To modify any or all of the dates listed in this RFQ.
- To require additional information from any and all firms to supplement or clarify the firms submitted.
- To eliminate any firm that submits an incomplete or inadequate statement of qualification or is not responsive to the requirements of this RFQ.
- To reject any, part of any, or all statements of qualification.
- To waive any technicalities, immaterial irregularities, or minor informalities in the statements of qualifications.
- To conduct investigations of any or all of the firms and their statement of qualifications as the District deems necessary or convenient, including but not limited to discussions or meetings with contact persons for firms prior or ongoing projects or with regulatory agencies.
- To visit and examine any of the facilities referenced in the statement of qualifications or to contact the owner of such facilities.
- To select the firm whose statement of qualifications, in the District’s judgment, provides the best value to the District.
- To enter into any contract deemed by the District to be in its best interest.
- To discontinue negotiations with the highest-ranked firm and commence negotiations with the next highest-ranked firm, and so on until the contract is awarded or the procurement terminated.
- To cancel this RFQ in whole or in part with or without substitution of another RFQ if such cancellation is determined to be in the best interest of the District.
- To take any action affecting the RFQ process or the Project that would be in the best interests of the District.
- To make public any and all documents associated with the Project, including documents submitted to the District by the firms.