The following is the Permit/Fee Schedule adopted by the West Licking Joint Fire District as set forth in Section(s) 105.1.1, 220.127.116.11, and Appendix A, Ohio Administrative Code 1301:7-7-01 of the Ohio Fire Code.
- Any permit or fee not approved/obtained and paid for prior to January 1 of each year will be subject to the new fee schedule.
- The Fire Code Official may waive the fee when the permit is obtained by a non-profit organization or is for a non-profit function.
- The Fire Code Official may require that plans be submitted by electronic media in PDF format.
- All contractors found working without an approved permit shall be charged twice the permit fee.
All fire protection systems and building plans must be submitted to the West Licking Joint Fire District Fire Code Official through the respective Building Code Department (Licking County or City of Reynoldsburg). Plan review and comments are required by both entities prior to the initiation of any construction. All permits and fees must paid in full prior to any demolition or construction. This permit and fee schedule is in addition to those required by the respective Building Code Department.
Fiscal Officer – West Licking Joint Fire District. Payment may be mailed or made in person at:
West Licking Joint Fire District – Administrative Office
851 East Broad Street
Pataskala, Ohio 43062
Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
** Note: Please reference the permit business name on the check or money order.
COMPLETE FORM: Permit Application
Part I. Fire Protection Systems
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems $ 200.00 per system
- Underground Fire Line $ 200.00 + $10.00 per fire hydrant
- Automatic Extinguishing Systems $ 200.00 per system (CO2, FM-200, Dry or Wet Chemical, Foam, etc.)
- Kitchen Hood System $ 50.00 per hood
- Automatic and/or Manual Fire Alarms Systems $ 200.00
- Fire Pump $ 150.00
- Standpipe System $ 150.00
** Note: The information contained in Part I is for the installation or modification of the following fire protection systems. The permit fee covers the witness of initial hydrostatic pressure test/flush and thrust block inspections.
Part II. Inspection, Re-Inspection, Re-Test of Failed Fire Protection Systems, and other fees
- Pre-installation Fire Hydrant Inspection $ 50.00 per trip
- Re-Inspection of Failed Systems $ 100.00 per system, per trip
- After Hours Inspection (minimum of 4 hours charged) $ 75.00 per hour
Regular Hours are: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Plans Review $ 100.00
- Plans Review (Multiple Systems) $ 200.00
- Plans Re-Review (Additional $ 50.00 + Original) $ 150.00 – $ 250.00
** Note: All fire hydrants to be installed, must be inspected by the Fire Code Official for approval.
Part III. Inspection and Re-Inspection of Existing Commercial Properties
- Annual Inspection $ 0.00
- First Re-Inspection $ 0.00
- Second and all subsequent Re-Inspections $ 100.00 per trip
Part IV. Other Permit Fees
- Tents, Canopies, and Air Supported Structures
- Up to 200 Square Feet $ 0.00
- 200 Square Feet or Larger $ 100.00
- Fireworks Exhibition $ 50.00 + OT Rate per hour, per Inspector
**Note: Any required permits or inspections for UST or AST installation, alteration, or removal will be directed to the State of Ohio Fire Marshal’s Office at (614) 752-8200.
Part V. Other Fees
- Licensed Daycare Facility – Annual (11 children or more) $ 100.00
- Daycare Facility – Annual (10 children or less) $ 25.00
- Foster Care Inspection $ 0.00
- Adoption Inspection $ 0.00